In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team offers up a Trip Report from ISC 2018 in Frankfurt. It was a whirlwind week for news with a new USA machine on the TOP500, but the other big news centered around the convergence of HPC & AI. This common theme was all over the show floor, with use cases on display in dozens of exhibits.
- Mousquetaire-Group Announces European Exascale Initiative
- ISC 2018 Student Cluster Competition results
- Shahin rant: Convergence of hpc and AI
- Dan runs down student cluster results
- Samsung works on 5 nanometer chips
- Intel seeks a new CEO
- Team America Breaks the Hotel