In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team looks at the new NVIDIA HGX-2 Reference Platform for HPC & AI.
“The HGX-2 cloud server platform supports multi-precision computing, supporting high-precision calculations using FP64 and FP32 for scientific computing and simulations, while also enabling FP16 and Int8 for AI training and inference. This unprecedented versatility meets the requirements of the growing number of applications that combine HPC with AI. HGX-2 is a part of the larger family of NVIDIA GPU-Accelerated Server Platforms, an ecosystem of qualified server classes addressing a broad array of AI, HPC and accelerated computing workloads with optimal performance.”
After that, we do our Catch of the Week:
- Shahin likes the study showing that 2/3 of European cities have a preparedness plan for climate change. The USA is in a very different place, which looks to be a good opportunity for HPC.
- Rich reminds us that the Global Tech Jam for Smart Cities is coming to Portland June 20-22.
- Shahin points us to the story that AI Winter is on its way. Is the progress on Deep Learning being overhyped?
- Henry notes that the recent AWS outage shows us that the cloud is not always the 24-7 service that it claims to be.
- Dan is impressed with IDC’s recent report reflecting remarkable 38 percent growth in the worldwide server market.